Defending Wilmington area clients against criminal prosecution
If you have been charged with a crime in North Carolina, you need an experienced criminal defense attorney on your side. Since 1984, Terry B. Richardson, Attorneys at Law has been fighting to defend the rights of our clients. We have built our reputation on getting results. We are intimately familiar with all facets of the North Carolina criminal justice system and have the knowledge and skill to make sure you understand your legal options and to guide you through the legal process.
Our main criminal focus is on DWI cases
Throughout North Carolina, law enforcement officials have been cracking down on drunk driving offenses. Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including loss of license, higher insurance costs, heavy fines and jail time. With 30 years of experience in handling DWI cases, Terry B. Richardson, Attorneys at Law has the knowledge necessary to overcome the evidence against you and the ability to help you attain the best possible outcome.
Knowledgeable North Carolina DWI attorney committed to helping clients
The DWI attorneys of Terry B. Richardson, Attorneys at Law understand that good people can make mistakes. We strive to satisfy our clients’ emotional, financial and legal needs by zealously representing your interests at every turn. We are knowledgeable about the complexity of North Carolina DWI laws and analyze every aspect of your case — from the initial traffic stop to breathalyzer tests — to build your defense. We know what the prosecution needs to get a conviction, and we challenge the evidence against you with the skill we have developed over our many years in the field. Terry B. Richardson, Attorneys at Law works hard to make sure that you get the respect you deserve and the results you desire.
What to do if you are stopped
If you have been pulled over by the police, there are several ways that you can help yourself:
- Remain calm. Police officers can interpret nervousness in your voice as a sign that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Whether you have consumed alcohol or not, remaining calm is a good way to ensure that police officers do not question your sobriety
- Always have a clean center console or glove box. Fumbling through these compartments to find your registration or insurance can be misinterpreted as intoxication. Keeping the glove box or center console neat and clean allows you to swiftly grab your identification and present it to a police officer.
- Do not consent to a search of the car. Any evidence found in your car could be used to support a DWI conviction, so do not allow the officer to perform a search.
- Do not take the test. Many DWI defendants have been found not guilty due to a malfunctioning breath analyzing machine or an improperly administered blood or urine test.
- Contact a DWI attorney immediately.
Contact Terry B. Richardson, Attorneys at Law today for a consultation.
If you have been arrested for DWI, you need a qualified defense attorney who has the knowledge and experience to help you win. Call Terry B. Richardson, Attorneys at Law today at 910-763-7420 or contact us online to set up a consultation.